Excessive Power Draw when System is Powered Off
Both the keyboard controller and LPC are still fully active and drawing normal power while the system is in a powerdown state. This is causing a significant drain on the battery such that it can be fully depleted in under a month. As there is no low voltage cutoff on the batteries this presents the issue that users will not be able to use the reform to recharge the batteries and must be externally changed, as well this likely reduces battery longevity.
Issues that need addressing:
- Keyboard controller needs to be able to enter a power down state
- LPC controller needs to be able to enter a power down state
- Keyboard controller needs to respond to user input and wake itself
- Keyboard controller needs to inform the LPC that the user has woken it out of power down.
- LPC controller needs to respond to a wake up request over UART.
- LPC controller needs to inform the keyboard that the system is off
- LPC controller needs to inform the keyboard of a critical low power state (can be combined with above)
- Check for any additional standby draws on the system.